Here are some tips for being more mindful and positive in general.
1) When you find yourself particularly negative or complainy - get grounded* and go back to gratitude**
* place your feet firmly on the ground, take a deep breath and imagine roots growing from your feet into the ground. See the roots going deep and spreading wide. You are secure and are exactly where you are supposed to be right now. It's even better if you can get outside to do this and put your bare feet in the grass!
** I am grateful/thankful or appreciate ______________________ because ____________________. Be grateful for the good things in your life, the things that challenge you and that which you take for granted.
2) Take some time away from electronics. That's it!
3) Get out into nature. Go for a walk without distractions. Use your senses.
4) Meditation can be done in so many different ways. What relaxes you? Do it with intention.
5) You are #1! Make yourself happy first and foremost because your joy will have a ripple effect and positively affect those around you.
6) Everyone has an opinion and it is not up to you to try to change it.
7) Change is inevitable and will bring you to something better even though it may not look that way at first. When you resist, it just makes you stuck and more miserable....the change will still happen regardless,
8) Take responsibility for your own life. Blaming others gives them power and control over you.
9) Be kind to everyone and everything. "I am you and you are me!" Stop judging especially yourself! Everyone is exactly who and where they should be right now. If they aren't, be a positive person in their life as a role model. If they are too negative, know when to move on and send them love from a far.
10) Focus and surround yourself with positive people and information. Do not watch people who are hurt or are in pain if you are not willing to help.
11) Send out love and light...or a prayer as much as possible. Start with yourself! Send it to others when they come into your mind. Send this positive energy even to those that bug you...they need it the most.
12) It's ok to say no. Take a moment to think about why you are saying no. Is it due to fear, laziness or are you just not interested? If this experience will not bring anything positive into your life or help you grow then it's absolutely ok to decline.
There are so many other pieces of helpful advice so if you have any to add, please mention them in the comments!
When I experience something that makes me think, allows me to learn or provides an opportunity for growth, I'd like to share it with you.